Are you in the beginning stages of creating your website or, perhaps, in the middle of redesigning? Unsure of what key elements need to be added or updated on your website? Looking to create a website that is both functional and enjoyable for your audience? There are five features every website should be equipped with. When creating or updating your website make sure your site has these five elements. A call to action, a functional homepage, a fresh and up-to-date face-lift, secure, and mobile friendly. I hope you do apply these five great features to your website either new one or old one for better results.
1.Call to Action
- ‘Contact me’ button
- ‘Subscribe’ button
- ‘Shop’ button
Your ‘call’s to action’ will vary based on your what your website is all about and the audience it is tailored towards. For some good ideas on what ‘call’s to action’ to include in your website look at some of your competitors sites.
- Shipping information
- Return/Exchange policies
- Products used
- Be personable.
- Write your ‘About’ page in first person.
- Open with a ‘headliner’ or your ‘mission statement’.
- Your background story. This should include who you are and what you do.
- What your website is about.
- Who your audience is.
- Email address: create an email address for your domain
- Physical address
- Flat design
- Use of white space
- Full screen background images
- Grid layout
- Ghost buttons
- Parallax scrolling
- Modular scrolling
- Big Fonts
- Vibrant shades of colour & neutral backgrounds
See More- Premium WP themes with flat design
- Keeping software up to date: Most web hosting companies will take care of this update for you or they will notify you of an update that you need to install.
- Use strong and complex passwords for your site and change them every six months.
- Test your security for your website using ‘penetration testing’
- Make is simple.
- Add your logo.
- Keep core content the same.
- Make sure it loads quickly.
- Make sure you test your mobile version of your website on a variety of devices and operating systems.
What has been your experience with using these five design elements? Please share your experiences in the comment box below.
Contributed by Agency Fusion who specializes in bringing superior expertise in both design and technology. Based in Salt Lake City, Utah, Agency Fusion has been awarded ‘Best of State’ in web development for seven years in a row.