1. A Professional LogoYour logo is a huge part of your company’s brand and should be in a prominent location on every page. Design your logo with a simple, timeless design and it will never look out of place throughout your website.
This is a great logo that is simple yet clear and will look great in both black and white.
2. Use Mostly Neutral ColorsUse a neutral color palette to help your site look clean and elegant. If you want to create a dramatic effect, add splashes of vibrant color to emphasize elements you want to make pop.
Using a white background allows you to emphasize your product and maintain a clean, modern feel.
3. Make Every Page as Interesting as Your HomepageOften, designers focus most of their energy on the homepage and allow the rest of the pages look secondary. Every page should have the same attention to detail.
4. Loud and Clear FontsFonts on websites are getting bigger. Allow yourself space to use fewer words and bolder ideas. Use typography that’s easy to read over frilly or trendy fonts.
5. DeclutterGet rid of sidebars, lengthy descriptions, and too many menu items. Simplify everything.
6. Leave Room to BreatheLeave more room in between content and give your visitor a chance to breathe. Don’t be afraid of empty spaces and gaps after headlines and between paragraphs.
7. Professional PhotographyInvest in high-quality photography that is unique to your business. Often clean, simple photography is the most powerful tool on a homepage.
8. Logical NavigationNothing makes users click away faster than navigation that doesn’t make sense. Make sure to have a contact button, FAQs, and your social media icons in the footer of every single page as well.
Design can become repetitive when people overuse a template or resource. Use graphic design software like CorelDraw Graphics Suite that allows you to design websites not seen anywhere else on the web.